Thursday, July 15, 2010

More images of my work


I am learning to use this blog and will try to add more images of my work. These are pieces that are not on my website, http://www.WPatrickEdwards.com, since I have not kept up on that site for several years.

This is a tall case clock I made for a client with a wonderful garden. She had a lot of input on the design of the marquetry, and I changed the design several times. The works were made by David Lindow, in Gravity, Pennsylvania, and are authentic to the late 17th century. The face was engraved in London, and the mounts were gilt in Paris.

The marquetry is fairly involved, and was created with the Painting in Wood method popular at that time. The twisted columns are hand carved, and the fretwork is backed with silk, which allows the bell to be heard when it chimes.

I will post some more images of other clocks soon. Thanks for visiting.

No comments: